Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Knit Picks Shimmer - Easy Scarf for a Gift

This lovely scarf was made with Shimmer, which Knit Picks doesn't have any more.  The next best is Diadem, which is the same silk/baby alpaca fiber mix.  The resulting textile is amazing; totally non-itchy and it reflects light a bit, too.  It's a joy to work with.  I tripled the yarn and used size 9US needles.  I love the slight color change!

This is a really simple pattern, just a K1 P1 rib.  I think it came out quite pretty.  The fact that it's all ribbing means it's stretchy & a little thicker, too.  Perfect for a scarf.  


I like the pattern & the yarn so much I'm making myself one, too; this time with a K2 P2 rib.  I'm only doubling the yarn and using US10 needles for a little different look. Also quite pretty, if I do say so myself. I'm about halfway through it now.


We are having a nice long winter here in DC, so I may get some use out of this scarf this year, rather than having to wait until next winter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to say you love me...