Sunday, December 1, 2013

Xmas Presents - Not Quite Ready for Prime Time

The main fabric in this photo is a panel from a girl's kimono...it's silk and I bought it in Japan years ago.  I've been waiting to use it, and the time has come.  

I'm also using up some scraps (given by a generous freecycle member) & a bit of other cotton stash items for this gift.  I won't say too much more about it because one of the giftees reads this blog.  

I have also been doing a bit of knitting (also for xmas), and am still trying to finish the cotton test run for the wool jacket, the half of See & Sew B5699 that I haven't even started on!  

Realistically, I probably won't get all this done.  For one thing, we'll be away for xmas & we both work full-time until then.  Meaning, between packing, cleaning, doing laundry, wrapping presents & working on xmas cards, we'll be pretty darn busy.  Not to mention the gym!  But I'm doing my best, & if some doesn't get done, oh well.  

What are you doing to prepare for the holiday season?  Gift-making, gift-baking? Will you get it all completed in time?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to say you love me...