Monday, December 16, 2013

I Just Can't Stop It: Western Xmas Shirt for Roommate

The Roommate is getting yet *another* fun shirt.  He picked out the fabric, and I got it cut out last night.  I'll mark the pattern pieces today & get started sewing.  
It won't have pearlized snaps, like the Western African shirt had.  Instead, I bought red star buttons.  The contrasting fabric for the cuffs & the yokes is great, too.  

I did the pockets first.  On the right you can see the flaps (left is buttoned, right is open with the red contrasting on the underside of the flap).

I can't wait to show it to you! 

Music?  How about Back Door Santa, Clarence Carter!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could get my man to wear such wonderfully silly clothing! He wears black and grey. And occasionally dark purple. And no prints. Doesn't leave me a lot of options!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not only will he wear all the silly stuff I come up with, he doesn't notice my mistakes, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. From one Christmas shirt designer to another, both thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to say you love me...