Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hawai'ian Star Quilt - A Beginning

We're in the middle of another blizzard right now.  Really!  But I'm sewing in the sunshine as I spent much of today working on a quilt made of old Hawai'ian shirts.  

They were my father's.  Though they are fun shirts and the Roommate would wear them...however, he doesn't need them & I think it would be a fun way to remember Daddy, & make something my mom could use, too. Also, they are really pretty worn out & faded.  I have 4 of them, so am hoping to get at least a 4' x 6' quilt out of them.  

I bought a nice blue & white striped flannel for the backing.
 
I downloaded Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting: Seeing Stars e-book, and am using the Birthday Stars template.  

Right now this is a side project as I'm working on something for the #vintagepatternpledge instead...I'll keep you posted as this quilt comes together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to say you love me...