Saturday, March 10, 2012

Toile and Trouble? Starlet Suit Fitting Issues?!

Okay, I haven't done the side seams or the sleeves--obviously.  But I'm already a bit worried.  I don't think this looks like it's going to fit Helen.  Can you see right at the top of the princess seam?  It looks like it's not quite right, and believe me it's been pressed and re-pressed.   Yike-ola.  This is the muslin I'm working on for my Starlet Suit.

Now I know that there's a lot to do before I get worried, but after my 7501 issues, I'm probably a bit toile-shy.  I plan to spend most of tomorrow finishing this & seeing what happens.  And possibly a lot of time trying to figure out what to do to fix it!  But I'll wait to worry...

I'm just using up a bunch of scraps (some of which I got on freecycle.org).  I also bought some king-size sheets at a thrift store to use for my skirt pattern-making class later this month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to say you love me...