Friday, August 12, 2011

Yes, I'm still here; sewing room fix-up is underway

Polinesia, the Sky
We have now cleaned out most of the paintings, photos, posters that were stacked against all the walls in my new sewing studio. Tomorrow I'll put all 3 of our Matisse prints up because they make me very happy. And then we'll get the extra dining table out of the basement & I'll start arranging. I've got most of my sewing stuff in there, even if there is no place to store it all. I have an ironing board that goes on a door, but there are actually very few doors in this place, so I can't figure out where it will go. I could put it on the back of a door to our coat closet, but then it would show (can't go on the inside because there are already hooks there). I have a feeling the ironing board might be going the way of freecycle soon & I'll have to get another that perhaps mounts to a wall? I don't have the floor space to have it up all the time (ahhhh, I've had the luxury before & it makes life grand).

An update, I found my Japanese-English kanji dictionary. So the yukata may get underway soon. However, next week I'll be at my parents' & my mom wants me to make a quilt wall-hanging for her new living room. And my mother doesn't know what the word patience means!

Finally, a twitter friend, @saraicat, just wrote a book about sewing! It's on Amazon, or in your local bookstore. It's not out yet, but will be soon (November). The Collette Sewing Handbook by Sarai Mitnick. I can't wait to get my copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to say you love me...