Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ironing board - in Action!

Here's my new ironing board, installed firmly on the wall.  The thrills, the chills!  Life is certainly good here. The Roommate is so great for projects like this--he remembers to measure & can also hold up the very heavy ironing board & run the drill properly so no one gets hurt & it looks great when the project is finished.

So what is my next project?!  Well, I'll be doing a smallish (52" x 36") wallhanging/quilt for my mother.  It's called Twisted Pinwheels & there are many variations.  This particular picture (left) is not quite right either.  I guess you'll just have to stay tuned?! I think I've figured out how to do it; I just need to get started.  We're having friends for dinner tonight & last night was a flurry of straightening/cleaning up, so maybe tomorrow?  But we want to see "Attack the Block" before it closes--and it's a bit of a commute to get to Silver Spring, where it's playing.  Does this sound like a bunch of excuses?  I hope not...it's just that life & work & new house are definitely getting in the way of sewing. 

Appropriate music?  The Action! of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to say you love me...