Okay, I finally got the fly figured out! And I've made the Roommate four pair of knickers now, all using the pattern I got from One-Yard Wonders...
I must admit I didn't figure it out by myself. I ended up going to one of the open studio classes at Bits of Thread and getting some assistance from Rosalie, who, despite her tender age, has amazing sewing skills.
The top pair (turquoise/burgundy/yellow) is using up some of the printed Kente we got in Ghana, lo these many years ago, and the bottom pair is flannel; the other 2 pair are actual one-yard pieces I got at a quilt show. BTW, it's a rainy cool weekend and the Roommate reports the flannel pair were very nice to put on this morning!
I have many projects in the pipeline, using some fun fabric I just purchased, plus getting some inspiration from a concert we were at on Thursday...but first I must finish up quite a few things. More on that later!